Chemistry Department graduates will have an alumni association. It is part of UNDIP alumni association, under the compartment of MIPA (Mathematics and Natural Science). The chemistry alumni association was established on May 18, 1996. It is divided into a number of work area:
- Central Java and DIY (Special Region of Yogyakarta), which coordinator is: M. Cholid Djunaidi, M.Si.
- East Java, which coordinator is: Silvanus TP, S.Si.
- Jabotabek (Jakarta, Bogor, Tangerang, Bekasi), which coordinator is: Akhmad Rizal, S.Si.
- Kalimantan, which coordinator is: M. Devries Johan, S.Si.
- Sumatera, which coordinator is: Siti Dania Rohmah, S.Si.
- East Indonesia, which coordinator is: Halim Setyo Nugroho, S.Si.
Alumni association Agenda:
- Keep track of the alumni.
- Give feedback to the Chemistry Department.
- Give information to students regarding to work prospect.
- Give information to alumni about job vacancies.
- Build relations to stakeholder institutions/companies.
- Hold gatherings and build an alumni network.
- Fundraise to support students, department, and alumni activities.
Activities are done and the results of them gotten from the alumni association—for advancing the department in its academic field, are:
- Becoming the main sponsor for National Chemistry seminar and Chemistry Education with the cooperation of Undip-Unnes-UNS in 2010.
- Giving help by facilitating Chemistry students in apprenticeship and field practical work.
- Becoming speakers in curriculum evaluation events and giving lectures as guests on some courses.
- Becoming speakers in the world of work introduction for freshmen and Chemistry Students Association
- Giving donations in the form of books as references to the library.
Activities are done and the results of them gotten from the alumni association—for advancing the department in its non-academic field, are:
- Giving alumni donations for Chemistry students delegations/activities (student debate event in Harvard National Model United Nation).
- Facilitating workforce recruitments of Chemistry fresh graduates.
- Getting involved in non-academic events like Chemistry get-together events.
- Getting actively involved in meetings to build networks (alumni groups) and pioneering the establishment of alumni cooperative.
- Giving donations in the form of basic laboratory equipments.